Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend



I joined facebook on a dare from a co-worker. Now I'm getting all kinds of email from old friends! It's really fun, but I'm really bad at facebook. So for now, I'll just keep doing these blogs and if my facebook friends want to see pictures or whatever, I know how to do that here.

My daughter Judi and I went shopping at 4 am on Black Friday. We got lots of bargains and had lots of fun. It has been a long time since we found time to shop together without kids (hers) and even though we had to forgo sleep, it was worth it. I'm adding a picture of the line at Kohls - but I'm still figuring out how my camera works (I've only had it a year or so), so the flash didn't work well.

Then there was tonight - I got hit by a 16 year old who was turning left and didn't wait for me to clear the intersection! My poor car looks terrible, but no major body damage, so that is good. I felt worse for him than for me. At least he has a grandfather who can fix his car. I guess it's a good thing my mom has a car I can use (can you believe it - usually we are the one's loaning out cars, now I have to borrow one!).

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I'm really not looking forward to going back to work already - oh well........

5 comments:

Gennaveeve said...

You are a brave woman! I could never bring myself to go shopping eraly on black friday. We went at about 2 in te afternoon and got some good deals...
i think I'll stick with that! =) I hope thanksgiving went well! See you at Christmas

JonAli said...

I'm really surprised your air bags didn't go off in the crash...How bad is the damage? Anything internal get busted?

HEIDI said...

Anne! You guys have had blogs all this time?! We need to keep in touch... Can you send me your kids' email so I can invite them to my blog...I'm private for obvious reasons. I'm gonna go blogstalk everyone now haha.

mom said...

I can't believe this!I am so excited that you have a blog! and your kids too. Heidi called me tonite to tell me. Now we won't miss out on any news. We don't hear whats going on.[Clyde forgets to ask mom or she forgets to tell the news. We didn't know that Clem is in the bishopric. Thats great. I love all the pics of the grandkids. So so cute. We will see you in a few weeks. We are going to Steves for Christmas, so we're coming up Mon or Tue to slc. We're staying at Saras but want to spend time with Mom. and see others too. of course.I know its going to be a really busy week. love you.marilyn

Anonymous said...

Friday really was fun...thanks mom :)
I'm soooo sorry about your cute car :( what a bummer! Glad you are okay!