Monday, March 9, 2009


Life is short - sometimes too short. I am an obituary reader. I realized a good friend from High School lost her spouse this past week. They were an amazing couple, and I wish her and her family well. Nancy and Bill Bauman had a lot of challenges, but they were truly devoted to each other and their children.
My oldest brother also lost a spouse last week. She was the second spouse he has lost. I used to take credit for the marriage because when his first wife Janice died of cancer, I hired Marilyn to be Clyde's nanny. (lucky for all of us that they fell in love and combined families). His 8 children were all there along with their kids - a very large family. It is amazing how life can change in the blink of an eye. It also makes you realize you need to be grateful for every day you have with loved ones. I also wish it didn't take a funeral for me to be able to see all of these people I love. I really look forward to family reunions this year! I love you Bro - my prayers are with you!

No comments: