Monday, March 8, 2010

The piano



Wow - I'm behind in my blog - oh well, that's what happens when life gets in the way!
I have a baby grand upright piano that was given to my Grandparents, then to my parents, then to me. I love it. Years ago my mom stripped off the black lacquer paint and refinished it. It is beautiful.
Last week my oldest granddaughter Laine wanted to practice piano. The conversation went something like this:
Laine: Grandma, it's really hard to remember the notes to play. Can I put numbers on your keys?
Me: No - you cannot write on the keys.
Laine: but I have too! It is too hard to remember!
Me: put the numbers on tape, then on the keys.

I really just want to add a cute tidbit with my granddaughter Elizabeth (Izzy to us). We did generation pictures Sunday (my mom, me, my daughter, and granddaughter). Izzy disappeared a few minutes and when I found her - this is where she was. I thought she did great without coaching - but apparently others did not. Just wish I could remember that when you turn the camera sideways, the video is sideways!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.