Monday, August 25, 2008

Anne Loves To Read

LISTEN UP!!! There will be consequences for the next person who says to my wife, "You've just got to read this book". There may be serious pain added as part of the consequences for the next person who gives her a book, or several books and says, "You are going to LOVE reading these".

My prediction finally came true. The house was burning. I was down on the floor choking and coughing after calling the fire department. I was screaming for help. When the firefighters arrived they told her to get out of the house NOW. Her response . . . Just let me finish this chapter.
I ended up dying in the fire, but she won't be able to come to my funeral because there is one more book in that #@!*%!@ series that she HAS to read.


This is how bad it is. She read one book while we were in Fremont. It was great. She relaxed, I puttered around, everyone was happy. When we got home she was really tired, so she only stayed up 'til midnight reading the next book. Then she decided she was too sick to go to work, go to the ward party, go to church or anything else, but she finished 2 more books.
Interestingly enough as soon as she finished the books, voilĂ , she was cured and back to work :)

5 comments:

JonAli said...

Just an FYI, I may have loaned her the books, but you can blame Judi for getting her to read them =)

jim said...

lol! I'll miss you dad. Thanks for everything.

the funnies part of this to me is that just yesterday I said to mom - I just finished this great book you will really like! Luckily for you she had already read it.

JonAli said...

I know that dad must mean business, because it must have taken him a good hour to crop in the fire and firefighter =)

Anonymous said...

I accept NO BLAME for this...all I did was bring the books to mom and dad's for Jon to pick up and mom said "OHHH Jon has those books? I've been wanting to read them"

NOT MY FAULT!!!

Clem&Anne said...

Can I just say in my own defense - I did not stay home sick to read any books!!!!! It just so happened that if I held my head still, the room wouldn't spin around, and I didn't feel like passing out. So I found that if I held still I could read! (besides, I honestly can't remember the last time I actually took time our for me to read!)

P.S. whoever has the 4th book, I have a long holiday weekend and need to finish the series! - MoM